Do you still grease and flour your pans or constantly buy spray oil? When I sold decorated cakes I always bought a non stick pan coating that made the cake release from the pans easily and without sticking. This is just as good as what I used to buy and uses only three common ingredients. […]Non Stick Pan Coating — In Dianes Kitchen
With the last couple of weeks being pretty busy in our house and the weather being unpredictable going between rain, desert temperatures, tornado warnings, and everything in between, it’s been hard to plan out baking and blog posts. This recipe seems to be a hit with a lot of people, my family included. However, in my house, we told the kids it was “pudding cake” because it’s more appropriate 😉
At the moment I have the kids outside playing with water bottles and chasing each other around in the yard so I’m hoping to get this finished and posted before it’s time to get supper going in about 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour, sugar, nuts, press in 9×13 pan, bake 15 minutes @325. Let cool completely before adding filling.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream OR 1 envelope dream whip
- 1 instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Blend cream cheese and icing sugar well. Spread over cooled base. Whip cream until stiff. Spread 1/2 over cheese layer.
- Beat chocolate pudding mix into milk for 2 minutes. Pour over cream layer.
- Do the same with the vanilla pudding. Pour over chocolate layer.
- Top with second 1/2 of whip cream. May be garnished with shaved chocolate.
- Chill overnight. Makes 12 servings
Just a little note here about the crust. I realized that if you let the crust cool completely then it’s not going to give you a hard time while you’re putting the cream cheese on it. It can crumble really bad which isn’t going to ruin the taste at all, and hardly even ruin the look since it’s on the bottom where no one can see 😉
Have a blessed day and enjoy the rest of your week!