Another super simple meal idea for when you just have no idea what to feed the family. This can be whipped up in an hour and the recipe claims it feeds 4 but of course, that depends on who’s eating it 😉
What you’re going to need:
- 2 pounds chicken pieces or a couple of chicken breasts (I cut mine in half to make them thinner so they cook faster)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of cayenne
- Brown the chicken pieces on all sides in hot oil. Put in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle uncooked rice over and around the chicken.
- Mix together the boiling water, garlic, salt, pepper, turmeric and cayenne. Pour over chicken and rice.
- Cover and cook in a 350degree oven for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender and rice is cooked.
And that’s it! My kids like to put a little soya sauce on the rice for a bit more flavor. I like to serve this with oven roasted parmesan snap peas or some green beans.
Hope you have a really great weekend!