The Blogger Recognition Award is an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers as a way of recognizing the efforts they put into their site. I was nominated by Allan who has a fantastic and fun-filled blog about his adventures and life in Canada. He shares some fascinating photos and includes loads of humor and personality in his posts. Be sure to check it out!
Rules for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Write a blog post on your site displaying the award
- Describe why you started your blog
- Write two pieces of advice for the new bloggers
- Nominate and notify 11-15 other bloggers
Why I Started This Blog:
I was at a really low point with my mental health and I was struggling with life, motherhood, work, and everything that so many of us have on our plates. I felt like I could barely keep my head above the water. It was recommended to me that I start journalling my thoughts and feelings to make sense of them. I tried and it just didn’t work, I must’ve been doing it wrong… So I thought maybe it could help me re-discover the voice within myself. To hear my thoughts again. I named it Mama Coffee Chat because I wanted it to just be a bunch of stuff that I, as a mom, would talk about to a friend over coffee. But after awhile I realized that it was really about me figuring out who I am. Learning to accept myself and love myself despite my flaws and maybe even learn to embrace those flaws.
Two Pieces Of Advice For New Bloggers:
- I suggest finding a few blogs that you can relate to, ones you find interesting, and maybe a couple that inspire you to try new things. Follow them, binge read them if you want, just get yourself introduced to how things work first. This will also inspire writing topics for you to try and test the waters with. It will give you practice with the writing process and get you comfortable with your writing style.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you’re disappointed with numbers then you need to re-evaluate why you’re doing this. If you’re not enjoying your experience here then you need to look at you WHY and determine what’s next. Be yourself! There are so many supportive fellow bloggers here that accept you and you matter 🙂 Don’t be afraid to ask questions, we all need to start somewhere and that’s how we learn. Relax and enjoy the atmosphere!
I Nominate The Following Blogs For The Blogger Recognition Award:
I have chosen the following for various reasons. Some I’ve been following for quite some time and others are new but I hope you take a couple of minutes to see what they’re all about!
I understand that some of you may not participate in awards, so please don’t feel pressured or obligated in any way to conform. I love that you are all a part of my community and I truly appreciate every one of you!